Our experienced remortgaging solicitors can advise you through the remortgaging process with professionalism and expert knowledge. Remortgaging entails transferring your mortgage from one lender to another. The main reasons homeowners choose to remortgage include:
- Reducing monthly repayments by transferring to a cheaper mortgage
- Releasing some of the value of the property for other spending
- Reducing monthly repayments by extending the term of the mortgage
- Reducing the term of the mortgage for earlier repayment
If you’re looking to remortgage your property, speed may well be of the essence. The systems our remortgage solicitors have in place allow us to conclude most remortgages very rapidly and easily. Regardless of the type of property, we can ensure all of your new lender’s requirements are met quickly.
Equity release can be a means to access the equity from your home in the form of a lump sum or an additional income. The advantage of equity release is that you may be able to release cash from your home without the hassle of having to move. However, there are certain conditions that must be met in order to take advantage of equity release:
You must own your home and have no dependents living with you
- You must have little or no mortgage left to pay
- Your home should be in a reasonable condition and must be worth more than a certain value
- There is a minimum age of eligibility, usually 60 years of age, however some schemes may be open to people over the age of 55
Raising cash from your own home is a big decision and requires the support and guidance of residential property law experts. Our equity release solicitors at Longden Walker & Renney, have dealt with all mainstream equity release lenders and their solicitors, and have adapted our own systems specifically for equity release processes. We are therefore confident of being able to conclude matters in line with the lenders' standard procedures as quickly, but also as comprehensively, as possible.