Jonathan Crawford was excellent and very polite. A pleasure. Thank You.
Tragically, many fatal accidents occur each year on our roads, at work and in other circumstances. These accidents have a devastating effect on the families and friends of the accident victims, depriving them of their loved ones and often causing great financial hardship due to the loss of income and services to those dependent upon the accident victim.
Fatal accident claims are often complex. Claims are brought on behalf of the Estate of the Deceased under:
The Fatal Accidents Act 1976 for:
- The statutory bereavement award (currently in the sum of £ £12,980)
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of dependency of those who were financially dependent on the Deceased including spouses and children.
The Law Reform (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1934 for:
- Damages for any pain suffering and loss of amenity suffered by the deceased arising from the accident
- Any loss and expense incurred by the deceased between the date of the accident and date of death, caused by the accident
- Funeral expenses (as an alternative to a claim under the above act).
Longden Walker & Renney have many years of experience in dealing with fatal accident claims.Our solicitors will handle matters in the sensitive manner required during what is always a difficult and emotional time for the families involved.
If you would like to know whether you have a claim, Contact us and ask for a member of the personal injury team. We will advise you as to whether you have a claim, and in appropriate cases, we can act for you on a no win no fee basis. If after talking to us you decide not to go ahead with a claim, you are under no obligation to do so and we will not charge for our initial advice session.