For the past 30 years, Longden Walker & Renney's team of specialist clinical negligence solicitors have achieved exceptional results for individuals who have suffered serious injury due to medical negligence. We are leading experts at pursuing medical negligence claims and understand that whilst no amount of money can undo the devastation caused due to negligence, it can make a huge difference in improving quality of life.
Our experienced clinical negligence solicitors are devoted to working closely with claimants and their families to support them through their cases, whilst actively progressing their compensation claims.
What are the different types of clinical negligence claims?
The causes of Clinical Negligence are wide ranging, but over the years we have represented clients who have successfully claimed across common areas, including:
- Birth and Postnatal Injury
- Cerebral Palsy
- Surgical Errors
- Misdiagnosis of condition
- Delays in treatment
- NHS and A&E
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Spinal/Neurological Cases
Do I have a claim?
If you believe that you, or anyone close to you, has suffered as a result of substandard medical treatment, you could be entitled to make a compensation claim. In order to proceed with your claim, our clinical negligence lawyers require evidence that:
- The medical professionals who treated you breached a duty of care by following a course of action that is not supported by a responsible body of medical practitioners
- As a result of the breach of duty, you have suffered injury and/or financial loss
How much will it cost if I decide to claim?
We work on a 'no win, no fee' agreement, with a success fee capped at 25% of applicable damages (compensation for pain, suffering and loss of amenity and any past losses). However, if you have legal expenses insurance, then all of your costs may be covered.
How much could I receive?
This is decided by the court and depends on the severity of your claim. You could expect anything from £1,500 in compensation for a minor head injury to millions of pounds for a serious brain injury.
Why choose Longden, Walker and Renney?
Here at Longden, Walker and Renney, we believe in putting people first, right down to our team of solicitors who are highly trained in dealing with difficult cases.
- We have 30 years experience in successfully settling medical negligence claims for our clients
- We understand that reliving a traumatic event can be distressing and our dedicated team are always on hand to offer support and guidance throughout your case
- We are a local, friendly and professional firm of solicitors based in Sunderland
The legal process
We strive to ensure that the legal process is as straightforward as possible, during what may be a difficult time for you. Here's what to expect:
- Submit your claim, providing details of your substandard medical treatment
- Talk to one of our friendly advisors who will support you every step of the way
- The experts will begin the investigation and build a case for your claim
- Reach a compensation settlement or be advised if your claim has insufficient prospects of success
Read more about the medical negligence claims process here.
Will I be required to go to court?
This is decided on a case by case basis, however around only 2% of cases do go to court and the majority are settled outside of court.
We helped obtain £7,500 compensation for Alan after a Mydricaine injection causes cardiac event. Read Alan's story and find out more about how we proactively handle cases.
What our clients say
"Sincere thanks to Pam Davis, of Longden Walker & Renney for her dedication in bringing my clinical negligence claim to a satisfactory conclusion.
Pam has kept me up to date on all factors of my claim, and has been there to answer any questions I needed answering as well as being supportive in all aspects of my case. No Win, No Fee, exactly explained to me with no hidden costs or expenses (unlike some legals).
A true professional, Pam has worked hard on my behalf and I have no hesitation in recommending her services to anyone looking for a successful conclusion.
Again, many thanks to Pam and Longden, Walker & Renney."